Friday, January 29, 2016

#kindergarten

Been thinking a lot about Adam as he grows up...these are my words, my feelings, and my desires for theses few critical moments in his life.


Adam,

I can't believe how fast you are growing. I can remember my first day of school. I wanted it more than anything. I can remember living in a duplex in Jonesboro, Georgia. My older brother, your uncle Jesse, was heading to the bus--I sat there and cried because I wanted to go to school so badly. I am excited that you share that same sense of excitement. I can see you now as the Oak Tree you are becoming. The branches of your tiny sapling are just starting to root. You will dig deep and become a strong leader of this family. You are a very handsome young man. Don't go falling in love though, ;) You're such a flirt: I just know you are going to come home today talking about some girl. 

I can tell you want to cry a little bit. That's okay. This can be scary. But don't worry--we will be here all day thinking of you. I promise, I will be waiting for you when you get off the bus. I can't wait to hear about your day.

It seemed that just yesterday you were born. That day changed your mom and I forever. I realized that day my heart was always meant to be a father--to be your father. You were carved into my being from day one.

Listen to your teacher and obey. Be kind and have self-control.

Love,
The Happiest Dad in the World


______________________________________________


These are the moments I long for. I want defining moments in Adam's life to be filled with words of blessings. I want him to believe he can conquer the world. I want him to know he has support. I want him to know that no matter what: Ellen and I are a well of strength for him. We are his safety!

No comments:

Post a Comment